2017 - New Junior Rides?

James Allgood

As Monks walk spoils the fun, two new rides are coming to Old Town next year. A rockin tug and jumping frog from Weymouth Sea Life. Still better than DBGT.... :)

Guess as photographic proof you can look at this link. 

http://themeparkguide.biz/news/news-thorpe-park/canada-creek-redevelopment

Once again plans having gone in yet. This is due to the multiple preagreements in the MTDP. With small stuff like this (which will count under the small rides which can't have a static height over 25m etc) and buildings, as long as they meet those requirements they're fine. Runnymede just need to be informed on what it'll look like and add it to the floorspace bank etc. The locals literally have no care about a small shop or jumping frog. The only iffy one was the billboard for Swarm.

YAY NEW RIDES

These attractions that have been shipped from Weymouth Sea Life for use at Thorpe Park is a strange one to me. It's almost as if Thorpe Park have finally admitted that alienating your 3-7 year old audience from the park after Octopus Gardens were removed in 2010 was a mistake and are trying once again to attract them. But is it too late and would it be enough to persuade some families to visit Thorpe over Chessington I wonder?

One can hope the park will be working on getting Loggers Leap back open in addition to this, but it will never happen. The cheaper route is obviously the better route in the park's eyes, but I am intrigued to know what is happening to Canada Creek right now as that area seriously needed updating.

19 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

As Monks walk spoils the fun, two new rides are coming to Old Town next year. A rockin tug and jumping frog from Weymouth Sea Life. Still better than DBGT.... :)

Anything in the park is better than DBGT, so that's not a huge feat!

Well it's a better investment than Ghost Train at least.

It seems a bit naff for a park on Thorpe's scale to be instaling these but as a temporary thing it makes sense, and if they already have the rides available then why not really?

Of course, it'll completely kill the theme of Canada Creek/Old Town but they've all-but done that anyway.

15 hours ago, Mitchada04 said:

Weymouth is closing it's ride section apparently. 

Including the log flume? That thing got me back into flumes! Plus did you know IT HAS REAL CROCODILES!?!?!?!?!!?!?1?1/!?

I didnt get to go on anything other than the flume last year so Idk about the Rocking Tug, it was being marketed as the main ride though.

• pluk unpinned this topic