Nice idea for an event 

I wonder if it'll be popular, given how previous club events have been received over the past year or two, along with it being before the season starts.

Then again, being before start of season might help, what with it being an early chance for night rides too 

Isn't that date the apparent day for pass holders day?

Spoiler

The park have now moved onto The Swarm for their "cyber" funky hint thing they're doing with pictures of all the rides.

Their end of season video last year was "Season Initialising" or something else in a very techy way so it's easy to conclude something along those lines is their "something new" (Merlin's strategy - something new, no matter how small or bad at the park every year is a necessity in their eyes to keep people returning) lineup for 2020.

Some people are saying it's potentially VR or PicSolve ("We value your privacy" was what they mentioned with their Stealth post). 

They've also updated the banner of their Facebook page so it give a "glitch" effect which definitely supports the theory of something tech-related:

It certainly seems much more interesting IMO than their "season of events" that 2019 was.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, JoshC. said:

I think you're overestimating the influence fans have here.... ....they'll add a new coaster when they want to.

Never said we had much of an influence. Given we constantly non stop are getting attractions that no one wants, nor asked for.

And as for adding a coaster when they want to, is basically what was implied in the message when I said to let them take the time decide themselves. Hence theyll add one when they feel its best suited financially and when its really needed...

So the big difference if I'm reading this right is all new applicants to this system starting this Friday onwards after applying once will not just have full access to every major Merlin park in the UK with up to 3 carers, but it will last them an entire 24 months now......?

:o

EDIT: My mistake, it was a similar system to this last year which also had ID cards that lasted 2 years, it just excluded Legoland as part of the package (I think).

My main takeaway reading this is that it looks like everyone and their dog will still be able to get one given how easy it is to fake a doctor's note these days.

1 hour ago, Marhelorpe said:

So the big difference if I'm reading this right is all new applicants to this system starting this Friday onwards after applying once will not just have full access to every major Merlin park in the UK with up to 3 carers, but it will last them an entire 24 months now......?

:o

It lasted 3 years before from my memory, so that's gone down. Why would it matter anyway? If you have a disability it is unlikely to change in that time