Colossus

Adam J

• 5 months later...

The benefit of having someone in the family who has no qualms in tapping someone on the shoulder and asking a question...

My son noticed the new paint too today, saw a guy in an H&S jacket with engineer on his back, and a pair of bins round his neck examining one of them, so he walks up and says "why did you only re-paint the joints during the winter, are you lazy?".  Startled guy turns round and explains they had replaced the retaining bolts during winter maintenance, and he assumes they painted only the ones they'd replaced, so it would be easier for him to find them when doing spot checks, but he did agree it would have looked better if they'd repainted the whole ride.

So there you go, direct from the horses mouth, fortunately an 11 year old is lucky enough to get away with asking that :lol:

NEWSFLASH: Colossus isn't painful on the front row! [emoji38]

Waited 40minutes for the front row today due to one train and terrible operations however I actually had one of the first ever enjoyable rides on it; it was running well, as were the other coasters and I didn't bash my head against the side at all the whole run. Think this only applies to front row though as on previous experiences it has been so rough.

Fab.

Perhaps I just have different expectations, we only went up the front once and it wasn't any smoother, and I didn't consider the back any rougher than what I expected, but before Feb half term the last real coaster I went on was the corkscrew in 1983, so erm lol

We went on it 5 times over the weekend and didn't whack our heads once, is it a particular problem then?

Some people find it quite bad - it used to be particularly bad in some points back in 2004/5 but now its fine to ride and quite enjoyable. Its certainly not what id call smooth, but its not what id call rough either *Looks at Saw and Smiler" 

One of the worst things about Colossus is the train design... I honestly cannot sit in the back row of an of the cars, unless I fancy pretending to be a contortionist...

Plus there's the obvious roughness to boot... Wish they'd get the new generation trains...

Colossus isn't too rough in my eyes and whilst its not as smooth as swarm & inferno I'd say it's been running smoother the last 2/3 years compared to how it used to be.

Would still like to see those new trains like the ones at Cinciatta World in Italy as they look more comfortable and roomy too.

Your necks are all getting stronger, that's why it's appearing smoother :)

Although first time I went on I thought it was going to give me a free vacestomy they did the restraints up so tight, and I'm not exactly well built, can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be for my brother-in-law.

It's the can of worms debate SAW is rougher, no Colossus is rougher... they're both rougher than they really should be, and personally I'd rather take one sudden jolt than a whole ride of head banging but that's just me. I agree, front row Colossus always seems smoother, but them bars just make it too unbearable.

Thankfully it's not Baco rough, but then I'll just wait for Marc to say Baco isn't rough because it's an Intamin and Intamin can do no wrong in his eyes ;)

It's the can of worms debate SAW is rougher, no Colossus is rougher... they're both rougher than they really should be, and personally I'd rather take one sudden jolt than a whole ride of head banging but that's just me. I agree, front row Colossus always seems smoother, but them bars just make it too unbearable.

Thankfully it's not Baco rough, but then I'll just wait for Marc to say Baco isn't rough because it's an Intamin and Intamin can do no wrong in his eyes ;)

Hey ive never aid Baco isnt rough.. Dont mean I cant enjoy it :P 

• 3 weeks later...