SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I have mixed roughness of rides on SAW. In the early days I took a paracetamol to stop the oncoming headache ruining the rest of the day or 50 min drive home lol. But summer nights it wasn't too bad as I find I tense up trying to keep my head still or forward to stop it being smashed about on the non-spongey head things, they are like hitting a brick wall when your being thrown about lol

I still love the ride though!!

I went last week and they were allowing people to queue on the inside building again (and then closing it off once it was full, until a while later when they would let more in)... I swear this stopped like after the first year or 2, guessing due to H&S of queuing in an inside building (the same with X?) - anyone know why, as it wasn't allowed on my other 3 trips this year!

What post is this that you're saying about

The reason it closed today was because it valleyed, between the airtime hill and MCBR. Quite funny really as it was stuck on an upwards slant.

(Before anyone asks, I don't have a photo of it I'm afraid as it was difficult to see off any rides :) )

Blah blah Merlin Gerstlauers are awfully unreliable for some reason when none of the others seem to ever have had such issues... Though most of Smiler's isn't down to Gerstlauer really when they weren't responsible for the groundwork...

Got really annoyed with Saw yesterday. Got right towards the front of the queue, and it broke down about 8 times! Queued for over an hour for I ride I never rode!

If you write a compaint to customer services they are likely to give you free fastrack, so if you visit again that ride will have been worth the queue :)

If you write a compaint to customer services they are likely to give you free fastrack, so if you visit again that ride will have been worth the queue :)

The thing is it was about 5 o clock and we had other rides to do as yet that day. Free fast track for another day is no good as I live in Suffolk and it's way too far away to just drop in whenever I want. Also, being only thirteen years old, I have to work it around school, and my parents schedule, as I can't drive. :(

I Bet Adventure Island and Oakwood are laughing at merlin at the moment with all the problems there eurofighters at the moment are having compared to their ones :P

But do we know what the break down rate at these parks is? We all know there is very good coverage at all the Merlin parks so as soon as they evac any queue it is all over social media/forums, but I don't believe we have the same coverage at the non Merlin parks.

So the point I am getting at is that the other parks may well have the same level of breakdowns, but we simply don't hear about them as often.

I very much doubt there has only been one shutdown on Speed this year..

My friends visited a few weeks ago and Speed was down all day, so thats atleast another day which you wasnt aware of...

Although these rides are operated very differently to Saw / Smiler. Speed will easily go around all day with its single car with little issue, Saw / Smiler are sending out a car every few seconds with the ride having to do a hell of a lot more work!

It's a shame no-one cares enough about the other Eurofighters to create a Smiler-esque Wiki list of all it's breakdowns...

Or maybe just none of the other Eurofighters spend forever dead... To get a fuller picture we'd need to look at all of them, especially Mystery Mine due to it's complex nature of two lifts and a holding brake (and Fluch, though I dunno how that runs in busier seasons, I would assume more than 3 cars) as some examples...

It is clear though that the Merlin ones have ground issues in common...

Yes Speed has only broken down once this year from a 90min powercut that stopped the ride for 2 hours that's it for speed this year and I have heard that rage is doing well too maybe it's the prototypey nature of the 2 merlin gersts

Yeah that's bollocks, it was down the entire day when I visited on an after dark event 2nd week in August.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...