Rumba Rapids

Ash

It wouldn't surprise me with the amount of idiotic people here today, so far I have been subjected to people smoking in most queues, people swearing at us for walking too slow in the Saw queue (what is the rush to join the back of a queue anyway?! Idiots!), these people then proceeded to jump the gate and join the front of the queue!

Yet on all of these occasions, Thorpe have made no effort to prevent things. Yet they are happy to sell them as much beer as they can to make matters even worse! Absolutely shocking.

STOP GOING THEN SERIOUSLY. Week in, week out, you tell us how bad Thorpe is. Any reasonable person would have called it a day but you keep objecting yourself to this stuff. 

^ I am, this is my last visit of the season most probably.  However, just to explain, I was already arranged to go with a group of friends so couldn't cancel, and we did enjoy the day - but how can parks improve if people don't highlight the issues?

I did let them know and they took the queue jumpers out of the queue in the end, so credit to them for doing that.

So they did make an effort in the end? <_<

Yeah, but only once I had alerted them to the problems.

When it's that bad, they should really have people who are able go quickly step in and sort a situation out - in fact, I'm sure they used to have a lot more security staff around the park during Fright Nights, and they weren't even doing the bag searches which they have been doing for most of the year.

Standing out watching the FIA's yesterday I saw a very large amount of security. Their staffing for security really isn't an issue at all. Just because you don't see many roaming doesn't mean there isn't many, if you're highlighting these problems, other people may well be too, and security personnel will be attending there.

Yeah, but only once I had alerted them to the problems.

When it's that bad, they should really have people who are able go quickly step in and sort a situation out - in fact, I'm sure they used to have a lot more security staff around the park during Fright Nights, and they weren't even doing the bag searches which they have been doing for most of the year.

You can't expect the park to have eyes everywhere, even the best parks in the worlds don't deal with queue jumpers unless alerted, as staff are busy enough as it is

They were doing bag searches to the left of the entrance like they used to do

Security seemed a normal level to me, although for Fright Nights the park wasn't that busy so maybe they just staffed appropriately

• 5 months later...

There are so many different variables on rumba its hard to compare 2 rides even if you stay on. What I do know rumba hasnt run with all 4 pumps operational for some time.

I've never seen all 4 pumps on at the same time before? Are all 4 actually meant to be on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I believe it may have fallen off. Went around rumba on Friday and saw the old tanks and stuff were hidden in the bushes behind the tower you can see in that picture.

One thing we did notice though, a really old sign had been placed at the entrance to the tunnel leaning against the wall as if it was only there temporarily, can't quite remember what it said but something about 'home/source of the currant'...

Things did look like there had been a bit of a clean too!

• 4 months later...

The rock shapes is what used to be the rocky canyon scenery that went all the way through the ride as Thunder River. Some of it, including the old splash waterfall on the first bend, survived presumably because they didn't think to touch that area in the Ribena refurbishment. The tunnel structure was originally all hidden by the 'cave' theming and there was another scenic waterfall where the wave machine is.

Shame I can't find any cave pictures but there was a lot more decoration to the ride originally. Here are some photos from Memories of Thorpe Park

8918.jpg

Looking back to where Nemesis Inferno's station would be now, when the area was so very neat and tidy

7395.jpg

Vast majority of what was left of the rockery was removed ages ago yes. Because it was well well rotted

Opened in 1987, Rumba Rapids has been a firm favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Rumba Rapids will be out of action for 2017 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in the future!

:ph34r:

I'm joking of course... :lol: