The Swarm

JoshC.

Yes, it is.

I wish I had friends and family which worked at thorpe...

How does the brave it backwards entrance actually work? It seems completely sperate to the rest of the main and fastrack queues so how do they get it to work? It doesn't make sense to me...

That was not the winning slogan

Thorpe park clearly stated in the competition that the winning slogan may not be put on the board, it's a shame really because all they are doing is advertising things now...

I wish I had friends and family which worked at thorpe...

How does the brave it backwards entrance actually work? It seems completely sperate to the rest of the main and fastrack queues so how do they get it to work? It doesn't make sense to me...

Thorpe park clearly stated in the competition that the winning slogan may not be put on the board, it's a shame really because all they are doing is advertising things now...

But the products they are advertising are not real products, just made up. I think the use of a realistic billboard is so much better than just having a slogan spread across it, billboard's looking goooooood!

But the products they are advertising are not real products, just made up. I think the use of a realistic billboard is so much better than just having a slogan spread across it, billboard's looking goooooood!

you never know ;) they could of use da billboard in hope that one day it will have a real sponsor

Complaining that a Facebook competition entry didn't get used... It's FACEBOOK, all that thing was some cheap PR stunt stuff... A billboard advertises things, not spread random slogans that mean nothing at all...

I'll find out tomorrow... I'm not that excited for it though to be quite honest, just glad I'm not gonna have to queue excessively to get it done...

Well the billboard is the worst theming I have ever seen. The made up products are humourless and anti-exciting, you can just imagine some bland Thorpe Park employee sitting at their computer designing the graphics and chuckling at their own bad puns. But whatever, it's Thorpe Park.

To those who have been on The Swarm today, how does the billboard feel when on the ride?

Looks good in my opinion, and great to see that they are still using the fire :)

Surely the main queue only having five rows really slows it down, or am I wrong? :(

It will slow it down as the capacity will decrease, although you could argue more people would be queuing for brave it backwards so there will be less people in the main queue.

Surely the main queue only having five rows really slows it down, or am I wrong? :(

Yes, but it should have less people in it as a % will join the backwards queue instead.

The ride should have the same overall throughput, depends how popular the back row is - could be a huge queue for that and a relativly short one for forwards until everyone gets the novelty out of their system.

So the Fastrack queue has now become the backwards queue, and one of the extension queues has presumably been modified a bit to become the Fastrack queue?

Interesting. Not what I was expecting to be honest, and is actually a good idea. My biggest concern is that it'll make it easier for people to think 'let's do it backwards', and create very long queues, as well as how well the station and bag point will be organised. Only time can tell us on that one...