Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

16 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Why invest in something with so much new technology when their reliability on existing, tried-and-tested rides is already awful?  Why get something that heavily relies on effects/headsets working when they don't even maintain their current effects?

It's a disgrace to be airing the adverts on TV stating "end of May", I saw two yesterday!  What sort of clueless so-and-so gives a second timescale after the backlash the first delay got?

What tired and tested rides at Thorpe do you think have awful reliability out of interest?

Whilst it's not acceptable for delays after announcing two opening times I wish Merlin would learn to just not announce opening dates until they are 100% sure. We still have no opening date for Taron, or Kong and only recently got the Frozen one. It's a shame rides can't seemingly be ready for the start of the season anymore but that just seems to be how the industry is going. Not acceptable, Merlin need to learn from this which they clearly haven't done since Smiler etc.

Just seen this on Thorpe's website:

Quite frankly, if we released a new date and missed it, your hopes would be raised and we don’t want to make any further promises that could cause further disappointment for you so we are not yet releasing a new date. 

:clapping::rolleyes:

Shame it took them two delays and subsequent backlashes to realise this.

Am I the only one who's kind of relieved? 

Its understandably annoying however at the same time I'm glad they're taking time with it. On the other hand, they should have left it as coming soon. 

Ah well, I guess we will just have to wait a week or so extra.

Why is everyone giving backlash to Thorpe. 2016 has become the year when technology is as updated as possible and parks are trying to push it above and beyond which is becoming a challenge for parks and rides in general. its not just Thorpe and be patient  My hyping has died down now after it had been delayed not saying I'm not hyped to ride this attraction believe me when it opens I will be so excited to get on the Ghost Train. Give them time and don't reply going they have had 3 years 5 months. just be patient it will open when its ready if its another month to a year its that long to wait. 

Just now, James Allgood said:

Think people need to ask them selfs.... Would you prefer a rushed ride or a ride that has been perfected.... 

I'd prefer Thorpe to set reasonable  opening dates which were only set once the park was sure that the ride would be open on time.

This has literally happened to Merlin twice, with two completely new attractions (Smiler was the first Infinity coaster)

Whilst I agree setting opening dates and not sticking to them isn't ideal, the park clearly have no other choice at this stage than to delay.  Derren himself may be the one being picky that the ride is perfect before opening as it does have his name on it afterall

- Thorpe have not done this just to annoy you

- The ride will open at some point and you will ride it

- If the ride was open now but unfinished, the forum would be ablaze with Merlin anger anyway

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic