2013 Changes

daboywunda

Must add that several of my non enthusiast friends have also said this during this year.

It doesn't help that Saw Alive and Canada Creek Railway (and Fungle Safari the last three years) are all standing as if they are rides that should be open, but simply closed that day.

On top of that one of my friends who had never been before commented on the poor condition of the foilage in Saw The Rides queue line and said "Are they that tight and money grabbing that they don't employ gardeners".

If time was spent making the place look nice and removing SBNO rides then I believe they could easily get away with not having anything new as people would want to return. The place looking run down And no new ride could possibly put people off.

Completely agree...in recent years it has seemed to be a bit like Roller Coaster Tycoon (Storm Surge just being plonked in a gap where it barely fits). Thorpe should remove all of the SBNO rides completely and utailize the spaces...perhaps not for a ride but for catering maybe? I do value storm surge though because if you look at previous investment patterns 2007 Minimal (flying fish), 2008 Minimal (Time Voyagers), 2009 Large (Saw), 2010 Minimal (Saw Alive), 2011 Minimal (but looks medium to large (Storm Surge)).

For the patern of investment, I think that storm surge is fine...just in the wrong place.

As for next year...I can see a lot of work on existing rides being carried out over the winter.

You could always wonder if the reason such a cheap short-term ride like storm surge was added may be because some time in the near future they will look to removing both X:NWO & Storm Surge to replace both with something much more appreciated..

Maybe that's just a fanboy wish though :P

As much as I'd love to see a new flat ride next year I think a lot of people would much more appreciate some TLC to most rides, I'm sure with the money they would use to buy a new ride they could at least re-paint Colossus & pay Loggers leap, Rumba Rapids some attention, and hey maybe they could even tidy up the greenery around Nemesis Inferno and help it look like it did when it opened.

*Unable to find picture of what the woodchip floor under the pre-lift section used to look like, all lava-coloured and awesome*

But yeah, I do realize these suggestion are posted practically every year, which is a shame. :mellow:

Thorpe Should for 2013

1.Repaint Colossus

2.What Theme to go with for X//:no way out

3. repaint storm surge to fit in with the themed areas

4. give detonator a re theme so it fits in with Inferno

5.get all themeing elements on all rides working all year round

6.change the art style of the maps

7. bring back the themed areas

8: go back to the old entrance music and area music no chart stuff

9: get queue boards sorted

Agree that the park is now looking horribly run-down, and yes on Friday my non-enthusiast friends had the same comment. Not just minor things like chipped paint, but buildings visibly crumbling, litter from previous seasons building up in crevices, multiple seasons worth of grafitti scratched into things... I think the most revolting thing I saw on Saturday was in the tunnels in the Colossus queue line, and between the fence and the wall in the station. Yuck!

I think the whole entrance area could do with being demolished and started again. What a cheap looking mess the current set-up is! They could also do with more indoor (or at least heated) food outlets for the cooler months of the year. On a chilly or wet day the outlets that have indoor seating just can't cope. Would it really be so expensive to install some heaters in the Calypso BBQ tent?

What id like to see for 2013:

1. If the xnwo retheme is true, make sure it's done properly, it's looking very run down at the mo.

2. Fix music across the park, fix the hi pitched stuff, please lose the chart music on park (apart from for events)

3. Fix up the effects on Colossus / inferno. Would be nice to see the water tower working at tidal wave again and the entrance sign

3. Tlc across the park, repaint lost theming like the police barriers at tidal wave, the majority of the queue lines need repairing / repainting too

4. Reopen fastrack points across the park, the one at inferno is under too much pressure on busy days causing huge queues

Best thing about thorpe is their lack of sales and info points - it steadies the flow further of fastrack sales having one central unit rather than loads. If anything, sort out the queueline or increase prices so they don't wanna buy, rather than increase units - they'll just end up having same problems they had in first place, and reason they shut them in first place!

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think this is what I want to see:

Firstly, and definitely most Importantly, tidy up the whole park and make it look a lot neater and less run down. Secondly, to add a few more theme park stuff, to make it look less like a fairground, I mean do some work on each area of the park to make it fit that theme, because at the moment when I am in calypso quay and I walk into Canada creek for example, I feel no difference whatsoever. After all, the atmosphere is very, very important and one of the things that Thorpe doesn't have enough of. And I think that they should put lots of time and effort into Xnwo. I think that if they did put lots of effort into it it could be in the top 5 thrill rides in the whole park.

However, saying that, SAW island, amity cove and swarm island are very well themed and do have a lot of atmosphere.

Ok guys this may sound stupid to people but what about for 2013 John parishes extreme? The one with 6 arms which would seat 36 people per ride, it could just go up once and rides could last 2-3 mins like samurai? It would be a good capacity and good ride so what do you think? Is it possible? I may put a suggestion onto thorpe park if the idea is popular!

P.s it would have to be a custom version like samurai because a funfair version would look weird in the park!

Ok guys this may sound stupid to people but what about for 2013 John parishes extreme? The one with 6 arms which would seat 36 people per ride, it could just go up once and rides could last 2-3 mins like samurai? It would be a good capacity and good ride so what do you think? Is it possible? I may put a suggestion onto thorpe park if the idea is popular!

P.s it would have to be a custom version like samurai because a funfair version would look weird in the park!

God that ride has some awful settings though. Half the ride is just painful on one of the settings you just spin almost upside-down. *Shudder*

Would be nice to see the water tower working at tidal wave again and the entrance sign

Water tower will never work again (as long as those pesky bats are still living there). Although with the fireball being hooked up last closed season maybe we'll see that working again in the future?

There are heavy rumors circulating that a new Saw film is on the way in the next year or so.

As long as the franchise lives, Merlin will probably keep it.

My main worry is that the only reason Saw is running (almost) as well as it did on opening day is thanks to this contract. And when they have no obligation to keep the effects working, I can see them swiftly dying off one by one...

My main worry is that the only reason Saw is running (almost) as well as it did on opening day is thanks to this contract. And when they have no obligation to keep the effects working, I can see them swiftly dying off one by one...

The effects make the ride even better than it is alone! If the blades aren't rotating they don't have as much impact and of course the swinging axes and the little jigsaw! The ride would not be complete without them!

On the twist inside, there is a dead body on the floor which used to squirt fake blood at you, now it has become water and although the effect gives an impact it is not as good as it used to be! Anyway, this effect is hardly ever turned on anymore as I have only been squirted twice in the many rides on saw I have had!

On the twist inside, there is a dead body on the floor which used to squirt fake blood at you, now it has become water and although the effect gives an impact it is not as good as it used to be! Anyway, this effect is hardly ever turned on anymore as I have only been squirted twice in the many rides on saw I have had!

Has always been water! Spraying red dye at people in their expensive Burberry would not go down well! I've never seen it not work either which is good, but yeah, the axes and stuff are a lot more effective when they move, and they usually do!

(!)