Angry Birds Land

Marc

I got bored of it in 5 minutes...

Typical internet craze, in a week or two, the next frustrating game will come out and people will be all over that like a rash...

Besides, Flappy Bird has even less substance than Angry Birds, how could you transfer it into a theme park environment?

I am actually quite happy with angry bird land especially as I have family who would love to go Thorpe Park but don't want to go on the bigger thrill rides. I for one would love return of proper themed area's especially as far as music is concerned please bring back the entrance theme and end of the day while your at it as they want to appeal to families now.

I reckon if it does get a name change, it will still incorporate the word Detonator; so something like what c1hrisin suggested.

Thing is, I don't think we're seeing any theming added to Detonator per se, so just an audio change and such so that it's more shoe-horned into the area. A full out name change just doesn't seem necessary to me.

It's a shame that Thorpe Park beat Phantasialand to these rights.

Originally, I am aware that there was a high stakes, big money battle between the two theme parks to secure the rights to Angry Birds for 2014.

Phantasialand in the end lost the battle, and instead went for Chiapas (which admittedly, was meant to open in 2013). Thorpe Park however managed to secure the rights, and get the dodgems, 4D re-theme and drop tower re-theme!

Phantasialand management are said to be truly, under rug swept.

• 2 weeks later...

Full page blub on Angry Birds 4d in the new feb edition of Parkworld. Nothing too exciting to mention, but the blurb says that 'guests will be able to enjoy in the comfort of a brand new 326 Simworx effects theatre'. Also mentions that Merlin Magic Making are doing the theming for the area.

Whilst Thorpe will be the first to have it, they are eager to roll it out into other park's worldwide.

Knowing Merlin and their timing, they will do it all in the last month (scorpion express) so probably haven't even started

Thorpe (under Merlin) have managed to get everything opened to the promised quality on time. Don't see why Angry Birds Land would be any different.

Other than the waterfalls mid way through the slide, it is essentially the same.

Storm Surge isn't good, we all know that, but it's not exactly like we were promised much more than a ride which would just spin you round and get you slightly wet.

Regardless, my point still stands - under Merlin, Thorpe have managed to get everything open on time (bar X last year, which was Vekoma's fault, so I'm not *really* counting that) :P