Marc

2019 Season

1 hour ago, Reece_Crockford said:

Well, it's not gonna be open in the 2019 season so... 

It's not gonna be open in any season, ever again. So I repeat, wrong topic!!

I've been told that merlin want to reopen loggers leap, as its their only log flum in this country, but with the current state of repair it would cost too much. So they are after an IP, to cover the costs. If its true, which I hope it is, that could be why the old town is looking a bit untidy, as it might depend on who the IP is, maybe we'll see a complete retheme of the area in the future.

Id like to see a replacement for slammer, the park is looking real untidy with the SBNO rides these days. 

More late nights, but no silly IP's, no one really cares, we just like night time rides.

I'd also like to seem them concentrate on the little things like getting all the effects working, and generally getting the park looking better, its starting to look a little tired in places, we do really need a Thorpe TLC Program.

But if the silly IP funds the late night and all you care about is the rides, does it matter?

Edit

Apologies for quoting a reaaaaaly old post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean, Thorpe's response would be funnier if the original comment wasn't true.

Prices do go up, the length of the queues has increased, meaning on busier days ride counts go down.

I'm all for banter from the parks, but when it's in the face of legitimate points, regardless of how they're presented, it loses all credibility.

23 minutes ago, Project LC said:

Thorpe posted something about infinite possibilities for 2019 which has resulted in this gem of comment.

Screenshot_20190221-094300__01.jpg

And if this was a park serious about turning guest satisfaction and the experience around they’d of replied with something like how they are working to improve across the park etc 

They still don’t get when it’s appropriate to go all jokey 

edit, later replies they do say how they’ve been working hard to ensure 2019 is great 

It's just completely inappropriate really. A lot of the replies love it though so I guess if you loved Thorpe, just don't visit anymore and visit parks that value your time and money. Thorpe sure as hell don't anymore.

12 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

It's just completely inappropriate really. A lot of the replies love it though so I guess if you loved Thorpe, just don't visit anymore and visit parks that value your time and money. Thorpe sure as hell don't anymore.

A lot of the replies clearly, they believe TP is amazing, wonderful and beyond criticism. 

I have absolutely no idea what the park are doing right now.

Except closing Loggers, which could be seen from the moon really.

Thorpe Park are a bit like a findus microwave meal at the moment. 

Interesting considering a similar logo has appeared around the park! Don’t know whether they are just teasing but this reply certainly got a lot of attention...

79F8038D-1CFE-4C2A-8061-6E69BD6409AC.png

24 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

That "infinity" logo - it's very similar to part of the existing Thorpe logo - pointless rebrand incoming?

That’s usually what’s businesses do when they can’t be bothered about solving customer service / experience. They think a rebrand “resets” it all.

8 hours ago, stevejones27 said:

That was me 😂 Pretty stupid reply from TP, in my opinion.

Staff more interested in their social life than guest safety. 

You wrote this. Is this true and how do you know this? That is extremely worrying if true especially if we potentially can't even true the park to invest in safety (just last year a piece fell of Vortex which just should not be happening even if it was "harmless").

A strong safety culture is always important and should always be a company's priority (I suspect Merlin also has this). On the railways it is estimated that a fatality will cost the railways £1.94m and that is the figure we use for cost benefit analysis tasks. For the entertainment industry this figure will be much much higher. Merlin can not afford a fatality, they were only just able to withstand an injury. 

It makes economic sense to have safety first and any member of staff that doesn't put it first shouldn't be working for Merlin. Some staff won't be saftey conscious but they will be the small minority. To suggest the company doesn't value saftey just doesn't make sense. 

Coasters have completed their winter maintenance checks and are ready to roll.

Also:

image.png.16acf24a62d84ac4dd35edd5551d7e9f.png

Replying to Thorpe Park's HYPD tweet: https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1097556353675972608 (guy is a confirmed employee, showed a photo of himself in uniform in another tweet by TP - I won't link for obvious reasons) meaning that TP's events for the start of the year at least have been pretty much finalised and ready to go if they're able to release that information to their employees already. I'm guessing their later events like Summer and FN's have also already been decided on and they're waiting for parts to arrive/ have everything ready to go. 

Lack of planning permissions indicate no new rides or major changes to the park will occur this season and we can safely presume their main drive for their 40th Birthday will be events.

To be fair, if they didn't have their event plan for 2019 internally planned in late February, I'd be pretty damn concerned.

I mean, just look at how last year turned out... Surely they've learnt from their mistakes...

Fortnite, a game which will have a gaming competition at Thorpe Park (not yet confirmed) for 2019, reported a 48% drop in revenue in January alone this year. Looking at the comments of the HYPD post by Thorpe Park shows how many people complain about even the idea of having something Fortnite related. Again, another external IP brought in just a little too late (had they done this last year however, it might've been more successful). I'm sure many of you play games, and are aware that the game's still going strong among younger children but has become shunned by many teens and above. The drop in revenue is just confirmation of this shift in the gamer demographic away from the game.

Apex Legends, however, does seem to be on the up and replacing Fortnite's popularity and whether Fortnite will remain relevant for even just a few months longer in time for the 2019 season is anyone's guess.

If I were Thorpe Park, I'd cancel the Fortnite gaming competition in favour of an Apex Legends one (still set on an island I think so still a plus) or if not possible just cancel the Fortnite competition. 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64968/fortnite-revenues-drop-48-january-alone/index.html

Doubt they'd be able to just cancel an agreement with another company just cos "oh the game in question isn't as popular anymore", then have to spend MORE money to get a new promotion in for whatever latest fad game is out now...

This is the issue with jumping on bandwagons (especially games); if you're slightly late to the party you run the risk of it dying in the popularity stakes...

If Thorpe want to be popular with 13 year olds just get Pewdiepie to do a live stream... I'll take a 5% cut of all income for that idea Thorpe thanks...

3 hours ago, Benin said:

This is the issue with jumping on bandwagons (especially games); if you're slightly late to the party you run the risk of it dying in the popularity stakes...

But isn't that what Merlin for the most part are experts at - incorporating IPs which are on the downward trend with public popularity?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if all this is hinting at a silly Fortnite IP for 2019. Arguably not as bad as Love Island last year, but still...

Imagination and originality at Thorpe really is dead currently.

5 hours ago, Benin said:

If Thorpe want to be popular with 13 year olds just get Pewdiepie to do a live stream... I'll take a 5% cut of all income for that idea Thorpe thanks...

Yeah, let's get an extremist promoting, racial slurring, anti-semitic c**t to do a live stream to young children. 

Great idea. 🙄

Double post don't care

Love how some people even suggested it was a new ride logo 🤣 

They really do need to let Virtual Reality go, it's not going to happen for them

Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 15.00.44.png

https://www.thorpepark.com/events/gamefx

Basically, some gaming 'event' in the marquee, where you can book a slot and play some video games. There'll be some professional gamers there too on some days, playing assorted games.

Meh, don't get it personally. Yeah sure, there's stuff like arcades and VR is becoming more popular at theme parks, but these are sideshow elements for people to enjoy to kill a bit of time. Turning that into a full on event and focus doesn't really make sense? 

Very much stinks of 'we can't put in new rides for whatever reason, so let's just buy a few video games'.