Colossus

Adam J

Basically... Get new trains like this for Colossus, and you could even advertise it! Personally I hate Colossus's restraints as they're far too bulky and hate feeling so overly clausterphobic from being tall - lap bars would seriously make me love the ride, as it probably is my favourite in the park, just the trains let it down!

It's the chain dogs clicking when the car detaches from the chain and the back speeds over it (or something to do with that) So I'm guessing it's done it since it opened.

I do love the noise though! It's basically the iconic Colossus noise, heard it by Inferno yesterday and I've heard it in the car park a few times.

I don't think it is the trains that are bad it's just the unnecessarily clunky sized restraints that make it unpleasant. If they change them in the future I'm all up for it, but Colossus getting lap bar trains is as likely as Colossus getting a repaint so I doubt it will happen any time soon!

Maybe it'll get a paint job and new trains for its 15th birthday! But I think if they did repaint it it could end up looking somewhat tacky as it could end up being rather bright and it wouldn't fit in with the 'lost city' theme as much as it does at the moment.

I remember on a school trip to THORPE we had a seminar with one of the chief engineers and he was explaining that Colossus was one of the first rides its company ever installed and because of this, they were inexperienced and this meant that a lot of the ride was tweaked as it was being constructed, such as the support pole tops, most of which had to be bent on site as they didnt fit, he referred to it as a high quality botch job ;) Just thought this was an interesting fact I'd share with you lot, you may already know it :P

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b527/DeanGaryCox/Mobile%20Uploads/20140321_143236_zps45f04deb.jpg

Hopefully you can view that... I spotted this today, what is red and white tape doing around the track, and how is it staying on with the wheels passing over it!?

Blimey, I didn't realise quite how dirty Colossus is....!