Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

To be honest, for me personally I find it quite difficult judging the time of certain queues - I remember once queuing for Swarm and thinking "Oh it isn't too bad" and joined the queue - didn't realise that they had the flaming extended queue open which was a pain in the butt.

When I went on DBGT the second and third time the queue board did look fairly accurate but after having our pic taken and bothering the person in the shop the time just flew (and we were definitely on the ride before the stated time).  The queue does wind around a lot but you can see a lot of it standing outside.  What I did on my first go was asked the people outside when it was opening - they said they didn't know so I had a gander in the shop and asked them and they said midday so my friend and I just hung around the entrance to it from about 11.30 - and once it opened the queue was pretty big so its worth just waiting about a bit.

The bag drop was shut when I last went - thought it a bit odd at first but as long as you don't have anything bulky it doesn't really matter.  Yeah Saw does have a shop in the queue but I think ive only seen it open a couple of times.

Hope you have a great day - what I would do is have a look around DBGT to see if there is movement from staff, ask if they have a rough idea of opening (and then ask shop staff) then go to Saw and come back if you have time (which you probably will).

Argh I would hate to lose a phone on a ride although I don't take my current phone on, my tiny little old phone I used to always keep in my zip up jacket pocket - though to be fair if I lost it it was a piece of crud anyway.  I did lose a hairband on Colossus though - was a bit miffed - weird thing is I've worn hairbands/headbands (the things you use to keep yer fringe out of your eyes) on Stealth and its never come off.  Very odd!

On 30 September 2016 at 7:09 PM, Han30 said:

To be honest, for me personally I find it quite difficult judging the time of certain queues - I remember once queuing for Swarm and thinking "Oh it isn't too bad" and joined the queue - didn't realise that they had the flaming extended queue open which was a pain in the butt.

When I went on DBGT the second and third time the queue board did look fairly accurate but after having our pic taken and bothering the person in the shop the time just flew (and we were definitely on the ride before the stated time).  The queue does wind around a lot but you can see a lot of it standing outside.  What I did on my first go was asked the people outside when it was opening - they said they didn't know so I had a gander in the shop and asked them and they said midday so my friend and I just hung around the entrance to it from about 11.30 - and once it opened the queue was pretty big so its worth just waiting about a bit.

The bag drop was shut when I last went - thought it a bit odd at first but as long as you don't have anything bulky it doesn't really matter.  Yeah Saw does have a shop in the queue but I think ive only seen it open a couple of times.

Hope you have a great day - what I would do is have a look around DBGT to see if there is movement from staff, ask if they have a rough idea of opening (and then ask shop staff) then go to Saw and come back if you have time (which you probably will).

Argh I would hate to lose a phone on a ride although I don't take my current phone on, my tiny little old phone I used to always keep in my zip up jacket pocket - though to be fair if I lost it it was a piece of crud anyway.  I did lose a hairband on Colossus though - was a bit miffed - weird thing is I've worn hairbands/headbands (the things you use to keep yer fringe out of your eyes) on Stealth and its never come off.  Very odd!

Thanks for all the info :) defo want to make sure we do it but not queue for hours ideally so I'll do that! Not long to go then I can finally look in the spoilers thread haha

Even though I found the ride incredibly enjoyable. There was one part of the ride that just kept on going on and on and on.

The section of the ride I am talking about by here is the green mist sequence. I have to admit that part of the ride was a bit of a drag. The ride was supposed to virtual reality based and what is the most important thing about virtual reality? Being able to see the action

My last run on Ghost Train was most definitely the best run of the three that I've had.
My opinion has been changing at a regularly basis, but I've now come to the conclusion that Derren Brown's Ghost Train is a very fun and unique ride, however I still view it as a missed opportunity from Merlin considering the potential that the project initially had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest here. This advertisement for a "new destination" I'm very sure is the alternative ending that was originally going to debut on the ride this year, only this time Thorpe have decided to hold off implementing it until 2017 for unknown reasons.

My theory is that there were either severe issues with the VR footage for the other ending which might partly explain the 2 month opening delay, or Merlin/Thorpe decided to hold off using it until 2017 deliberately in order to keep interest high for the attraction the following year. Considering guest feedback has been very mixed for this attraction over the last 3 months of it being open, Thorpe know they need to make some major changes to it in order to increase satisfaction levels from guests.

If you ask me, the ride needs a lot more work than just simply adding more VR footage to make it worth queueing more than 30 minutes for at the moment!

Hmmm new destination eh?  Can't say I'm surprised but it will be nice if they improve the 2nd sequence.

Bag room was closed again on Monday though it was dead - main gates were shut so we went through fast track entrance - there was only about 6 of us in the pre show then we merged with a bigger group before boarding.

4th ride was better than the last go and I could actually hear the audio this time.  The live actor part seemed more intense which was nice and the reactions of some of the other people were brilliant.

Still enjoy it but don't think I would queue more than half an hour(ish)

7 hours ago, Project LC said:

Thanks for clearing up that it's the 2nd ending dressed up as new.

Im fairly sure people have had the infamous 2nd ending during tech previews - and it very similar to what's on there now with a couple of different bits - as I said I expect this to be completely new :)

5 hours ago, Han30 said:

The live actor part seemed more intense which was nice and the reactions of some of the other people were brilliant.

They seemed to of made the live actor part a lot better, was a lot better the last time I went on and a lot of people seem to be saying it at the moment. The whole evacuation was done very well/seemed real and as soon as you get in that room there is actors chasing you from behind etc. 

Like you said reactions are hilarious and the amount of people that think that the evacuation is real is funny

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic